Fruit and Vegetable tips:
▪ Thoroughly wash all vegetables and fruit, as you would any produce, before eating or cooking to destroy any bacteria and to remove any pesticides or herbicides from their surfaces.
▪ Select produce without soft spots, blemishes, or cuts.
▪ Eat fruits and vegetables fresh or lightly cooked to obtain the most nutrient value. Avoid boiling when possible.
▪ Experiment with a variety of spices, herbs, and cooking methods.
LV's Pumpkinlicious Oatmeal
1 cup Light Vanilla Soy Milk
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 Tsp vanilla extract
¼ Tsp Cinnamon
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 Tbs dried fruit (cranberries or raisins)
1 Tbs nuts (optional-almonds or walnuts)
1 TBS Ground or Milled Flaxseeds
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder to be added in at the end
1. In small saucepan, combine the soy milk, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and spice. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in the oatmeal. Reduce the heat to simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the oatmeal is soft and creamy.
2. Spoon the oatmeal into bowls and sprinkle with dried fruit and nuts.
*Delicious and Nutritious Breakfast to warm you up for Fall.
Nutrition Facts per serving: (Makes 2 servings)
280 calories, 5g Total Fat, 0.5g Sat Fat, 60mg Na, 44g CHO, 9g Fiber,
22g Protein, Contains: Vitamin A, Calcium, and Iron