Thursday, March 11, 2010
Power Up With A Healthy Breakfast!
Breakfast gives you energy to start the day. A healthy breakfast is important for everyone. Get the morning nutrition you need with these quick breakfast ideas.
• Make instant oatmeal with milk instead of water. Mix in raisins or dried cranberries. Top with chopped walnuts.
• Layer low-fat yogurt with your favorite crunchy cereal and sliced fruit or berries.
• Mix up a breakfast smoothie made with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana.
• Top a bowl of whole-grain cereal with blueberries, sliced peaches or any favorite fruit. Pour on low-fat or fat-free milk.
• Top a toaster waffle with low-fat yogurt and fruit.
• Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg and low-fat shredded cheese.
• Spread a flour tortilla with peanut butter. Add a whole banana and roll it up.
• Spread almond butter on a whole-grain toasted bagel. Top with apple slices.
• Add lean ham and low-fat Swiss cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin.