Ingredients: Makes: 4 parfaits
1 pint (16oz) low-fat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt Prep time: 5 minutes
¼ cup dark chocolate chips Cook time: 3 minutes
½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbs. Cool Whip Free
¼ cup finely crushed candy canes
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
1. To make the chocolate sauce, combine chocolate chips, cocoa powder and ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract in small sauce-pan. Warm over low heat until melted.
2. Scoop remaining yogurt into 4 bowls and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top each serving with light whipped cream and sprinkle with peppermints.
183 calories, 2 g protein, 31 carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber
**Also provides calcium and protein!
|Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels|
Ingredients: Makes: 16 servings (~ 4 pretzels)
1 box (6oz) of pepperidge farm pretzel thins Prep time: 15 minutes
1 cup of dark chocolate chips Cook time: 3 minutes
1. Warm chocolate chips over low heat until melted.
2. Dip pretzel thins in melted chocolate.
3. Let dry on wax sheet until chocolate hardens.
*Can also ass 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract to chocolate to add a little additional flavor.
100 calories, 6 g sugar, 4 g fat, 1 g fiber
**Also makes for a great gift idea!
Post by Guest Blogger: Marybeth Mitchell, OU Dietetic Intern